Nothing says hello, holidays! like a classic White Russian cocktail (or hello, winter! Or hello, Saturday night! You get the idea…).
This 60s cocktail has three ingredients — vodka, Kahlúa and heavy cream — for a creamy, almost milkshake-like result. Although it’s hard to improve on perfection, once you add coffee to the mix, you may not want to go back to a traditional White Russian again. It makes it a little less boozy and adds the perfect little caffeine kick.
Using your ESPRO BLOOM Pour Over makes this drink an experience in and of itself. So whether you’re a host or a guest, it’s your secret weapon in creating holiday coffee cocktails that are sure to impress.
And playing bartender doesn’t need to be hard. Although it looks fancy, this cocktail couldn’t be easier to create.
Makes 2 servings
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup Kahlúa
- ¼ cup vodka
- 3 tablespoons finely ground coffee (coarsely ground if you’re not using a paper filter)
- Whipped cream, for garnish
1. Start by placing the heavy cream, Kahlúa and vodka in the bottom of the carafe.
2. Next, place the ESPRO Bloom Pour Over on top of the carafe, and insert a pre-wet paper filter (only if you want to!) for quick cleanup.
3. Add your coffee grounds inside the paper filter and pour in 1.7 ounces of hot water that’s 195-205 degrees in a circular motion (Pro tip: A gooseneck kettle is perfect for this because you can control where the water goes more easily, and it’s a slower pour.).
4. Wait 30 seconds for the coffee to bloom before adding the remaining 10 ounces of hot water. As the coffee drips down into the carafe, it’ll mix with the cream and alcohol to warm everything up.
5. Remove the BLOOM Pour Over by the silicone lip (safety first!) and give the coffee a quick stir to make sure everything has mixed together before dividing your carafe of coffee into two coffee cups. Garnish with a big dollop of whipped cream and enjoy!